100% Production Engineer Short Range Modules Thalwil in ZH
11.01.2019 RefNr: WLS-1711730
||Production Engineer Short Range Modules Thalwil
Swiss-based u-blox (SIX:UBXN) is the global leader in wireless and positioning semiconductors for the automotive, industrial and consumer markets. Our solutions enable people, vehicles and machines to locate their exact position and wirelessly communicate via voice, text or video. With a broad portfolio of chips, modules and software solutions, u-blox is uniquely positioned to allow OEMs to develop innovative solutions that enable mobility quickly and cost-effectively. With headquarters in Thalwil, Switzerland, u-blox is globally present with offices in Europe, Asia and the USA.
The Production Engineer Short Range Modules is responsible for supporting the preparation, set-up and maintenance of the production environment. The person fulfilling this role will work in close collaboration with our multi-site Engineering and Testing team, Quality and Logistics department as well as our contract manufacturer.
- Production support and technical interface for contract
- Continuous Production Monitoring
- Yield optimization, support to yield improvement
programs by using analytics to drive key success metrics
related to yield management
- Data analysis of large data-sets, performing ad-hoc
statistical analysis and presenting the results of analysis
to multi-site teams
- Work with multi-site teams to develop, refine and scale
data management and analytics procedures, systems,
- Production flow ramp-up and sustaining at contract
- Provide inputs into the production test specification and
- Technical documentation
- Support to Failure Analysis
- BSc. degree in Electrical Engineering (Applied science or
- Knowledge in data analysis (extracting, manipulating
and analyzing) by using statistical methods
- Ability to understand and learn data flow concepts
between company systems and databases to illuminate
complex problems with data analysis
- Familiarity with MySQL, PostgreSQL database systems,
querying data, linking data to other tools
- Comfort manipulating and analyzing complex, high-
volume, high-dimensionality big data from varying
- Knowledge in scripting languages (Matlab, Pyton, R or
perl) is an asset
- Good communication skills
- Used to work independently and precisely
- Fluent in English (written and spoken)
- Ability and willingness to travel to our contract
manufacturers’ sites in Austria (< 10%)
- Swiss or EU/EFTA citizen or valid work permit for
Are you interested in this challenging position within an international work environment in a successful company? Apply now!
You will be working with a motivated team in an exciting technology.
We are looking forward to receiving your application.